Saturday, June 11, 2011

John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Dye


As I'm typing this post, I'm patiently waiting for my 20mins + 10mins for coarse hair wait period of John Frieda's Precision Foam Hair Dye. U.S. has been catching up with the foam trend, and John Frieda's been good at riding the wave when it came to the advertisement. Wanting to see if it's as good as Palty, I've bought this one (or actually got it for free because they had a coupon for free hair dye while ago) to see if it works. If it doesn't, I have my back up Palty and Prettia.
Picking the color was the hardest part for me. I've actually went from black to red to brown to blonde (on an accident by bleach lol). So, I wasn't sure which color I wanted to try for this summer. After an hour of contemplation on the John Frie
da website, I decided to go with Light Golden Brown.
Most of the times, I'm disappointed by the American brand of hair dye because it doesn't do anything for my black Asian hair. This is why I usually resolve to my Palty, but I wanted to see if the US foam hair dye is anything comparable to the Japanese brands.

The package came with a easy-to-follow instruction and the usual bottles. However, unlike the traditional ones, it tells you to not shake the bottle so good thing I read the instruction beforehand. Usually my friend dyes my hair, but this time I was alone so I was a little nervous. So, when I didn't see my dry hair starting to foam, I was beginning to worry. WHY ISN'T MY HAIR FOAMING LIKE THE PICTURE SAYS IT'S SUPPOSE TO??? LOL However, I remembered that the instruction said to get the foam to be a size of tennis ball on the glove. I realized that I was being too careful and that the size of my foam was like a ping pong ball. So, then I started making my foams bigger, and voila. My hair was foaming HAHAHAHA. I have a semi-long thick hair so it did take a good chunk of the mix to get my hair completely foamed, but it did work with ease so it's pretty good so far.

Now, I'm just sitting and waiting for the result.

Excuse my bathroom lol

You can't really tell in the picture, but it's pretty foamy haha


After...









LOL IT'S BLACK HAHAHA

If go under a light, you can see the brown, but it's pretty much acted like the other American dyes out there.

Pros: easy to use, smell isn't too harsh, comes with a nice tube of conditioner
Cons: more expensive than other dyes

Verdict: Not for Asian hair.

I did start out with black hair with red highlights so when I read that it's recommended for the hair within 2 shades of the one said on the box, I didn't think it was literally gonna be like "it's not gonna work if you're not 2 shades within in." But then again, maybe it was my Asian hair. I'm gonna stick to my Palty or Prettia now.

No comments: